Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Family is Everything

As I am getting the gifts ready to take to the foster family
I wanted something meaningful and special.
I think it is really neat when someone has something
that is from another language on display in their home.
It is a conversation piece and has significance.

Like I would like to have Andrew's name in Hangul
displayed in his room or the word "family" somewhere in our house too.

So I was talking to my sweet friend who is wonderful with creating meaningful and thoughtful gifts
I told her I wanted the word "family" to put on something.
As she was looking to see if she had that for me she showed me this tile she had already made.



I LOVED IT!
It truly says it all.
Family is Everything

We all have different families that are important to us...our everything.
For some it may be their closest friends.
For others it may be their siblings, parents, grandparents, etc.
Then for others it may be their church family.
All of the above we consider family.
Whoever it is or maybe all of the above,
those people are critical and vital to our being here on earth.
They make us who we are and how we think and act.
As I began to think on this phrase more I thought about our Heavenly Father
and how being a part of His family and spending eternity with Him in heaven truly is
EVERYTHING!
That is why we are here.
To ultimately grow in a relationship with Him and make Him our
EVERYTHING!

As I think about the importance this has with Andrew,
I think about his foster family and how they have been his everything.
We are so thankful for them.
They have given Andrew the gift of family for his 1st 2 years of life.
They will forever be family to us.
Each time I see the foster mom's face I just truly see how much I love her already and haven't even met her. I feel an amazing bond with her.
Yep, to some that may sound so cheesy, but hey, that is just the truth!
She has loved on our sweet boy for so long by
cuddling him, feeding him, soothing him when he is sad or sick, and meeting all his needs.
We want them to know really their love and dedication to fostering meanings
everything to us.


Now I am ready to be his forever "Omma"!
Steve is ready to be his forever "Appa"!
The girls are ready to be his forever "Noonas"!





2 comments:

  1. So excited for you. Andrew has no idea how blessed he is to have one of the best mommies i have ever known to be waiting for him. I love you.

    ReplyDelete