Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sleepless in Seoul

So, if anyone made bets about us sleeping, well
at 4:00am we both were wide awake!
Got up and skyped with the girls, our parents, and some friends.

I have been weepy since I woke up.
I just stood and looked out the window of our room and thought about this beautiful city.
How this is where our son is from and all his heritage lies.
This is it. I never want to forget that and always for him to know about his heritage, culture and whatever else he wants to know.
As I looked out the window I just sobbed!
I know I say it often but so many emotions.
Andrew has been blessed with an amazing foster mama to care for him.
He loses that soon.
Everything familiar to him will be lost so quickly.

This is the plan that God has had for him since before he was created.
Jeremiah 1:5 says,"Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I pointed you as a prophet to the nations."

Right after we had accepted Andrew's referral I was driving one day and God showed me Andrew in many years to come.
He showed me him as an evangelist spreading the word about Himself.
I remember at that moment I just cried.
Andrew is going to do mighty things for Christ.
We are going to train him up in the way of the Lord
and pray for him to lead many people to Christ.
Plans for us to be his forever family.

The day is here and we are ready to meet our sweet boy.
I can't even completely put into words without drooling all over this computer what I am experiencing right now.
I do know we are right in the middle of God's plan for us and we are ready to embrace our boy.
Oh, I am pumped!!!!!!!!

Gotta go shower and get ready for the day.
For sure be watching later....
Picture overload will be here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I remember clearly the early mornings and sleeplessness in Seoul!!! But you get to meet your boy today! Can't wait to see the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blessing that your Andrew is going to a family who loves God!

    ReplyDelete