Saturday, March 5, 2011

We are Home!

We are home!
I have so much to say about the last 2 days but I am
exhausted and really feel I should go to bed.
I want to share more about our Gotcha Day later.
I don't want to write about it quickly.
It was amazing!
It was hard!
It was surreal!
IT IS REAL!!
Our plane ride was so good.
He played in his seat for a couple of hours, ate, and then took turns napping on Steve and I.
We had a long ride from the airport to home but he slept most of the way.
When we arrived home the girls were eager to meet him.
He just observed them for a long time and then they led him to his room where there were toys.
He played with them for an hour or so and then we gave him a bath.
Foster mom said he loved baths and that is for sure!
He played and played.
He slept from 1-5:30am woke for a bottle then slept from 5:30-noon.
(I woke him up)
He then played and went back down for nap from 3:30-5:00.
He is sleeping in his crib and one of us is on the floor on a mattress.
He does a lot of wimpering but not screaming or crying hard like the van ride to the airport.

















3 comments:

  1. So glad you are home with your sweet boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! So happy for you and your family! So glad that the plane ride went well and it sounds like he is adjusting well too!

    ReplyDelete