Monday, March 21, 2011

Lovin' Life

We are so lovin' life with this little guy!
I am thinkin' he is lovin' it too!
Everything is going so well.
He has some fussy times where really the only way to calm him is to "podegi" him....
aka using the carrier, which I love too!
For the most part though Andrew is a fun-loving, busy, super affectionate toddler.
Of course, we see some toddler kind of fits come out too.
Foster mom had said that when he didn't get what he wanted he would bang his head...
Yep, we have seen that!
We try to scoop him up, hold him, and love on him so he doesn't put a big knot on his noggin.


We celebrated Meredith's birthday last week with some family over and he did great!
She is such a blessing to us and all around her.



Outside time is like his all-time favorite!
He will stand at the door and just wait for someone to take him out.

He loves the slide, his new swing, wagon rides,
and the girls taking him around the yard in the Barbie jeep.

Foster mom had said that he really wasn't attached to any kind of lovey or blanket.
Well, this mama loves to have a blankie with me when traveling or going anywhere.
However, when we were leaving for Korea,
Steve didn't think it was so cool for me to take my cozy blanket along.
I love to have something to snuggle up to when anywhere.
I know, it may sound crazy but that is just who I am.
So, I thought I would get this blanket and I could snuggle with it on the plane then use it for Andrew when we got him.
Great plan right?
He wanted NOTHING to do with it!!!
As we were coming home on the airplane I would wrap him up in it
and he would just throw it right down.

Each time I hold him, to either put him down for nap, bed or when he is sad,
I literally swaddle him up like a newborn in it.
He actually lets me.
It is so cute how he just lays there ready for the swaddling.

SO, 3 nights ago when he started to cry at 3am,
I went to him and as I walked into his room he was standing up in his crib
holding on to this blanket.
It totally melted my heart!!
It may seem small to you all but it shows he is attaching more and more each day.
Steve noticed it too when he went to get him that morning.
I am telling you he is just doing so well.
He gives kisses and hugs all the time to us.
When we meet people he is a little shy,
which is totally fine but if we say,"give them High 5",
he does and then just grins really big.



One last photo.
Is he the cutest ever or what??
Who couldn't be lovin' life with this little, sweet guy?





2 comments:

  1. WOW... love the pictures and post! You all look like you're loving life so much more now! Congrats to you all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful family and pictures... So glad he is doing well.

    ReplyDelete