Thursday, January 6, 2011

Movement

Can I just say we are feeling the move?
I called our agency yesterday and our social worker said she was getting ready to call me.
I was on the edge of my seat.
You see, the first batch of EP's..(aka Emigration Permission) for 2011 was issued this week!

Well, Andrew is not in the 1st batch BUT she said he will be in the 2nd batch which will be submitted toward the end of January or 1st of February.
So you ask, "What does this mean?"
Let me tell ya!

That means we are only a couple of months away from stepping on the soil of South Korea to bring our sweet boy home to us!!

She told us after he is submitted then it will be between 3-6 weeks until travel call!!!!!!
She said it could be on the lower end or it could be 6 weeks.
They just don't know yet.

Then, when we receive travel call,
WE ARE BOOKING OUR FLIGHT ASAP TO SEOUL!!!!!!

When I told the kiddos when they came home from school
today it was so precious to see their expressions!
Complete AWE and excitement.
Wish I could have captured that on video!


Is that exciting news or what?

The nesting has set in!
I have been on this mission to really purge and get things "tidied" up but now it is ON!

So much to do!

We are super ready.

Andrew's car seat arrived today!
Love it but feel like I need a PhD to figure out how to install it!
I told Steve that is so his department!

Oh, remember the little girl in the same home as Andrew?
Her mama got the call yesterday that Emi was submitted for EP.
She will be on her way to Seoul in 4-6 weeks!
AND
She is taking a care package I am sending her to Andrew.
AND
She is going to take pictures and videos of Andrew!!!

This mama will be stalking the computer in the middle of the night on that day!
If you want to follow her blog as well here it is

Another one of my AP friends
is in Seoul right now
and she posted this scripture on her facebook status this week.

O LORD, you are my God; I will exalt you and praise your name, for in perfect faithfulness you have done marvelous things, things planned long ago.
-Isaiah 25:1

It really resonated something in me.
God has had this planned for Andrew to be in our family.
He always knew!
When Andrew's birth mom had him,
God knew just who would be Andrew's forever family.

This is all in His perfect timing.
There will be MOVEMENT when He plans there to be.

When I see it that way, the wait is so much easier and more peaceful.



5 comments:

  1. this is so exciting! Will your whole family be traveling?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy to hear you got/will get submitted!! That's so exciting! Can't wait to hear more details! Congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! so exciting! i'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are not all traveling! I would absolutely love that to happen but it will just be hubby and I.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so happy that you are only going to be a few weeks behind me to go get Emi's little brother! You can bet that she and I will be stalking your blog and our email for videos and pictures of that sweet boy!!!
    I am so excited to be able to meet him and tell him all about you and vice-versa!!!

    ReplyDelete