Saturday, January 1, 2011

Another Year to Go Where God Takes Us

2011 is going to be a wonderful year!
Absolutely!

Will there be trials, uncertainty, heartache, and all the things that are involved while we are on this Earth?
Sure!

We were stirred somewhat a few weeks ago with some of the unknowns with Andrew's size, his extreme prematurity, and just not having him in our arms yet.
I have to say the big ugly FEAR word rared its head!

As I turned on the computer that day I pulled up our blog and BOOM!
What was the scripture staring at me?

"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11


Yes, that is it!!
God's hand is with us at all times.
Even when things are rough.
He will guide us and provide us with the strength we need in this amazing journey He is taking us on. He has a plan and we want to follow and walk in the light we are shown.

So, as we start this year we are so eager to get the travel call!
We have a son waiting for us!



I pray his foster mom is showing him our pictures and telling him who we each are and that we are coming for him very soon.
I pray that God is preparing his heart for his mama and daddy and siblings.
I pray for his birth country and that there will be peace between the North and South.
I pray that our family and friends will embrace our decision and support us.
I pray for Andrew's attachment to us
I pray for his grieving he will go through for everything he has ever known.
I pray for God to show us each day what He wants for our lives and that we will walk in His will obediently.

So as 2010 has wrapped up and 2011 is here, we are ready to see where God takes us.
Korea, we know that you are one place God is taking us this year!
WOOHOO!!


4 comments:

  1. This post resonated with me so much...I was just praying tonight about the fear I have about some of the unknowns with our little boy's special needs (he is waiting in South Korea too). I too was reminded of God's promises - not that it will be easy, necessarily, but that He will be with us and will never fail us. I can't wait to hear that you've got your travel call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you too... 2011 is a big year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. May 2011 be filled with blessings!

    ReplyDelete